With all the choices out there, shopping for the best laundry stain remover can seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. This list aims to provide you with the 11 best products that remove stains and keep your laundry looking great. Some of the criteria used to compile this list include price, versatility, and effectiveness. Keep reading to discover what your options are when it comes to the best laundry stain remover.
Top 11 Best Laundry Stain Removers Overview
|Product Name||TBR Recommendation|
|Dritz 20125 Clothing Care Magic Wand Stain Remover Stick||Best stain remover stick|
|Janie Stick Spot Cleaner||Best dry stain remover|
|Clorox 2 Laundry Stain Remover and Color Booster||Best value laundry stain remover|
|Amodex Products, Inc. BP101 Ink & Stain Remover||Best ink stain remover|
|Grandma’s Secret GS7001 Laundry Spray||Best grease stain remover|
|Shout Laundry Stain Remover Trigger Spray||Best grass stain remover|
|Clorox Bleach Pen Gel||Best stain remover for white clothes|
|Arm & Hammer Plus Oxiclean 3-in-1 Laundry Detergent Paks||Best stain remover packs|
|OxiClean Max Force Laundry Stain Remover Spray||Best stain remover spray|
|Spray ‘N Wash Laundry Pre-Treater Stain Stick||Best stain remover stick|
|Puracy Natural Stain Remover||Best natural stain remover|
11. Dritz 20125 Clothing Care Magic Wand Stain Remover Stick
This biodegradable stain remover stick can be carried and used anywhere. It is safe for most fabrics, and can remove stains such as ink, grass, blood, and grease. It only takes seconds for it to remove even the most stubborn of stains.
- Can be carried in a pocket or purse;
- Effective on most fabrics;
- Great value for the price;
- Might not be strong enough for particularly tough stains;
- Not recommended for use on dry-clean fabrics;
Note: At the time of writing, this product is no longer available. For a similar product, check out our next choice.
10. Janie Stick Spot Cleaner
The stick spot cleaner from Janie is perfect for all stains that are oil or grease based. Due to its clay ingredients, it absorbs the stain, and allows you to simply brush it away. The best thing about this product is that you don’t need water to use it.
- Natural ingredients;
- Built-in brush;
- The product does not ship well;
- The instructions are a bit vague;
9. Clorox 2 Laundry Stain Remover and Color Booster
This laundry stain remover is put directly into the washer with dirty clothes. No pre-treating of your laundry is necessary. It makes your clothes look new for longer. Its formula doesn’t contain any chlorine.
- No extra treatment of laundry is necessary;
- Can be effective when used with regular detergent;
- A lot of product will last for a while;
- Must use in conjunction with regular detergent;
8. Amodex Products, Inc. BP101 Ink & Stain Remover
A cream ink remover, this product is unique in that it claims it can remove any ink or dye stain. Even a permanent marker is no match for this spot remover, and one of the best laundry stain remover options out there.
- No-mess cream formula;
- Remover is non-toxic to fabrics or humans;
- Excellent for removing other stains that involve dye, such as berries or wine;
- Not a lot of product for the price;
- May need to apply the product more than once in order to remove tough stains;
7. Grandma’s Secret GS7001 Laundry Spray
A spray that is easily stored and used, this product can remove grease, ink, and blood stains. Best of all, it is non-toxic and does not include harsh chemicals. The product comes in a 16-ounce bottle that will last you quite some time.
- Uses natural and biodegradable materials;
- Removes several types of stains;
- Has a citrus scent;
- May not be as effective on grease or tomato stains;
- Large spray nozzle does not allow for small spot-testing;
6. Shout Laundry Stain Remover Trigger Spray
An enzymatic spray that uses triple action to clean stains, this product has the name-brand reliability of Shout. It also can remove tough stains of all kinds. However, you have to be careful not to let kids or pets reach it.
- Uses enzymes to clean stains;
- Can clean grease, grass, and dye stains;
- May discolor fabrics;
- Does not use natural chemicals;
5. Clorox Bleach Pen Gel
This product is perhaps among the best laundry stain removers that come in convenient small pens. Great for white laundry, these spot-removers can save any white shirt that gets stained. The pen comes with two sides – one for spot treatment and one for larger stains.
- Great for whites;
- Can be easily carried in a pocket or purse;
- Can be used at any time, not just before laundering;
- Not recommended for use on dark fabrics;
- Not as versatile as other laundry stain removers;
4. Arm & Hammer Plus Oxiclean 3-in-1 Laundry Detergent Paks
The advantage of this product is that it does not require time-consuming spot-removing. Just throw one of these packs into the washer with a regular load of laundry, and watch the stains disappear.
- Easy to use;
- Great for people who are in a rush;
- Each pack comes pre-packaged with a nice scent;
- May not fully remove tough or soaked-in stains;
- The added scent may be too strong for some;
Recommended read: Best Smelling Laundry Detergents
3. OxiClean Max Force Laundry Stain Remover Spray
This product is one of the best laundry stain removers because it can remove stains while keeping fabrics and colors safe. This product also works under any temperature, so results are the same whether you wash with hot or cold water.
- No harsh chemicals like chlorine;
- Color safe and non-toxic;
- Comes at a reasonable price;
- May not be as effective on certain fabrics;
- Stains need to be dry for the product to have maximum effect;
2. Spray ‘N Wash Laundry Pre-Treater Stain Stick
This product is the second best laundry stain remover for the quality that it provides. Even nurses have recommended this product when it comes to removing tough stains like blood. Use this product to spray treat laundry five to 10 minutes before washing.
- Uses colorfast technology;
- Can be used in all water temperatures;
- Is effective while fitting even the tightest budget;
- May need to sit for several minutes to reach maximum effect;
- Some fabrics may not be compatible with this formula;
1. Puracy Natural Stain Remover
The very best laundry stain remover strives to be safe, effective, and fairly priced. This product offers all three things. With its enzyme formula, this product is safe to use on all fabrics. It sports low foaming technology and plant-based enzymes.
- Natural, plant-based ingredients are effective stain removers;
- Not tested on animals;
- Reasonable price for the safety of the product;
- May take multiple treatments on really bad or old stains;
- Slightly more expensive than other stain removers;
Choices are available for every budget and type of laundry stain. Hopefully, this list will help you select the best laundry stain remover for your lifestyle and needs. Do you have a favorite product that isn’t on this list? Make sure to let us know in the comment section below. We would love to hear your opinions.
Recommended Read: Best Fabric Softeners
Last update on 2021-03-08 at 16:21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API