The ab roller, first introduced in 1994, is a simple, powerful tool for toning the core muscles. Ab wheels are proven to work over 20 muscles with each roll as opposed to traditional ab exercises, such as crunches, that only target a few muscles at a time. Instead, the best ab wheels train the obliques, hip flexors, shoulders, and triceps.
To help you sort through the numerous products, we compiled a list of the top 10 ab wheels available. Read on to learn additional details about each ab roller, listed in order from highest to lowest price.
10. Lifeline Power Wheel
First on the list of best ab wheels is the Lifeline Power Wheel. The heavy-duty ab roller features soft foam grips and unique feet stirrups to increase versatility. The Lifeline Power Wheel is available for purchase on Amazon for around $49 to $50. Free shipping is often available as well.
- Adjustable foot straps allow users to perform full body ab wheel exercises, such as pushups and leg lifts
- Smooth rolling wheel
- Capable of moving in multiple directions
- Most expensive ab wheel on the list
9. BIO Core Ab Roller
This top-rated ab wheel features a sturdy design and comfortable grips. The BIO Core Ab Roller offers bonuses such as a lifetime guarantee, free knee mat, and is available on Amazon for $32.97. In addition, it ships for free through Amazon Prime or qualifying orders. Even more, the company also offers 10% off when you purchase two or more items.
- Boasts the highest percentage of 5-star reviews
- Provides maximum stability for ab wheel workout
- Ergonomic grips
- Some users wish it came with instructions for assembly
8. Perfect Fitness Ab Carver Pro
The Perfect Fitness Ab Carver Pro features an extra wide roller for stability and carbon-steel spring for turbocharging results. Therefore, it’s a highly rated best seller due to those traits alone. The specially designed spring provides resistance as the user rolls away and gains assistance on the way back. You can find the Perfect Fitness Ab Carver Pro for $30 on Amazon.
- Ergonomic hand grips
- Invented by a Navy SEAL
- Includes 1-year warranty, knee mat, and 21-day workout plan
- Possesses the highest number of overall reviews – over 3,600 – on the list
- A few users complain the coil has a short lifespan
7. CSX Dual Ab Roller Wheel
Next on the list of the best ab wheels is the CSX Dual Ab Wheel, offered on Amazon for $17.99. It has thick, padded foam handles and high-quality parts. The CSX Ab Roller Wheel offers an excellent workout. However, it may come with a few problems who don’t know how to use an ab cruncher.
- Includes 18-month warranty
- Bonuses include an eBook and a knee pad
- Some users claim it lacks stability
6. Elite Ab Wheel
The Elite Ab Wheel has non-slip handles and dual wheels for increased stability and improved posture. As a bonus, it comes with a detailed instructional video and a 15% discount when buying two or more Elite products. The ab roller is available on Amazon for $15.97 and arrives at your house completely assembled. Thus, there’s one less thing to worry about.
- Features one of the lowest percentages of 1-star reviews
- Comes fully assembled
- Lifetime replacement on parts
- Some complain the materials are cheap
5. Iron Gym Speed Abs Abdominal Roller Wheel
Users praise the natural, smooth rolling motion of the Iron Gym Speed Abs Wheel. The ab roller, offered for $14.99 on Amazon, also features rubberized hand grips to optimize grip and comfort.
- Durable steel coil for added resistance
- Extra wide roller for added stability
- Contains the highest percentage of 1-star reviews of the products on our list
4. Fitnessery Ab Roller
The build of the Fitnessery Ab Roller is sturdy and durable thanks to its strong stainless steel design and solid PVC. This wheel, available on Amazon for $14.95, offers superior quality and innovative non-slip rubber.
- Lifetime warranty
- Includes knee pad
- Also includes two helpful eBooks
- Lowest number of overall reviews
3. Valeo Ab Wheel
Another excellent option on the list of best ab wheels is the Valeo Ab Wheel, available for purchase on Amazon for around $12.25. It features two non-skid wheels for increased smoothness and durability during rolling. However, it does not arrive with anything else beyond the ab cruncher. You must purchase other accessories separately.
- Easy-grip handles
- Simple, effective design
- Does not come with any bonuses
2. PharMeDoc Ab Roller Exercise Wheel
The PharMeDoc Exercise Wheel, listed on Amazon for $10.95, is engineered for safety and stability. Durable rubber material helps prevent slipping while the grooved design supports a wide range of positions. However, be sure to watch for sales, as PharMeDoc often runs promotions offering discounts when buying multiple products. It can be an excellent opportunity to get a decent exercise wheel along with other workout accessories.
- Reinforced handle
- Lightweight but sturdy build
- Ergonomically designed
- No extras included
1. Fitness Master Ab Wheel Roller
The final ab roller on the list of best ab wheels is the Fitness Master Ab Wheel, offered on Amazon for $9.97. Given its price alone, it’s clearly one of the cheapest options out there while maintaining quality. The exercise wheel has a durable construction and ergonomic double wheels for stability.
- Most affordable price on the list
- Solidly built
- Lifetime warranty
- Some users report it has a strong, unpleasant odor
Final Words about Best Ab Wheels
Overall, a strong core not only looks good but can also help decrease your risk of injury. Consider using our list of the 10 best ab wheels to help you decide which one would best fit your routine. Some come without a comfortable pad, so you can always look through some excellent yoga mats to sooth your knees instead. Have you ever used an ab roller to tone your core? Do you have a certain one you would recommend?