Due to either long office hours, or hard workouts in the gym, back pain is one of the most frequent problems reported by the vast majority of American citizens. To help you reduce that tension, we are going to help you pick the best back massager out there. This top of best back massagers includes personal handheld devices, cushion and chair massagers, and even electric shiatsu massagers. For your convenience, you can order any of these devices on Amazon, and use them at home, office, or in your car.
10. Gaiam Pressure Point Massager
If you’re looking for the best back massager that is inexpensive and doesn’t require electricity, the Gaiam Pressure Point Massager is a safe bet. This handheld device targets pressure points while alleviating spasming, tight knots, and sore muscles. A favorite tool among athletes, the Gaiam Pressure Point Massager does a great job on strains or sports injuries.
A simple, yet efficient massager, this tool stimulates tissue, promoting blood flow. Your muscles will only benefit from pressure point massaging. The tool is easy-to-use, with an 18-inch long roller, two grip handles and a total weight of only 0.55lbs. It is also one of the best deep tissue massager options that is affordable and easy to use.
- Lightweight, portable, and easy to carry around;
- Boosts circulation;
- Good for sports-related injuries or strains;
- Great for the lower back and calves;
- The spikes are rather firm; a thick towel or clothing is recommended;
- May cause bruising;
9. Gideon Seat Cushion Vibrating Massager
The Gideon seat massager comes with ten separate vibrating points that help dig deep into your tensed back. This back massager will help you release most of the tension and aches accumulated during the day. It comes with heat therapy, as it radiates a warmth that helps soothe tightened muscles.
Aside from the fact that the Gideon has four intensity settings and four massage modes (kneading, pulsating, rolling, and tapping), it also allows you to select the precise point you want to get massaged: lower back, upper back, thighs, and hips. All ten points can be combined and run independently in any combination. It is the best back massager for chair in our top. You can attach it to any and all chairs, and held firmly in place.
- Features an optional heat therapy, which helps soothe tight muscles;
- Features 10 vibration points, which penetrate the tissues and muscles;
8. Wahl Deep Tissue Percussion Therapeutic Massager
The Wahl massager is perhaps the best hand held back massager machine on this list. The variable intensity of the device allows for any type of massage experience, while the percussion technology offers a very deep relaxation. It also helps relieve all types of muscle soreness or tightness.
Its very powerful motor allows this massager to produce up to 3,350 pulses per minute. The four attachments are what help this product belong on this list of the best back massager reviews. The Deep Muscle, The Accupoint, the Four Finger Flex, and the Wide Flat Disk are the four attachments that sound familiar to any massage connoisseur.
- Highly powerful motor (up to 3,350 pulses/minute);
- Best handheld back massager;
- Ergonomic design;
- Vibrations may be a bit strong;
7. Zyllion ZMA-14-BK Shiatsu Back & Neck Massager Cushion
The ZMA-14-BK is just the first entry by Zyllion on this list, and one of the lower back massager with heat. This back massager is perfect for removing nodes and cricks from your back, neck, and lumbar area.
The seat cushion offers three levels of vibration massage, as well as four different Shiatsu massage nodes. It offers perhaps one of the most customizable massage experiences outside of a massage salon, having a very impressive level of customizability. Users can also very easily attach it to any sort of chair.
- Soothing heating function, that can be turned ON or OFF;
- Has an automatic 20-minute shut-off feature that helps conserve energy and protects the device’s lifetime;
- The shiatsu balls may be a bit uncomfortable;
6. Thera Cane Massager
This cane-shaped, handheld massager is ideal for easing any sort of back ache and pain. Perfect for use after a long day of work and strenuous activities, the Thera Cane Massager has two strategically places protrusions and six treatment balls. It measures 24 x 15 x 1 inches, and comes with a lifetime guarantee.
Ideal for breaking up adhesions in your muscle fibers, it is the perfect muscle toner for any recurring injury, active afternoon, or a long day spent working. This number 6 best back massager helps maximizing the flow of oxygenated blood.
- Good at eliminating painful knots in muscles;
- May be a bit uncomfortable to use;
5. LiBa Kneading Shiatsu Back, Neck, Foot Massage Pillow
Coming with a 90-day guarantee and a 3-year replacement warranty, this product is the best Shiatsu back/neck massager with heat on our list. An interesting idea, this massager resembles a belt more than anything else.
The four featured massage nodes offer a highly superior deep massage capability, making it easier to target hard to reach muscles. It can target your back, neck, shoulders, and waist, and it can also mimic the movement a feeling of a personal massage. The heating option allows for the loosening of muscles, making this LiBa product one of the best massager for back pain for home use.
- Deep tissue capability;
- Selectable heat (ON/OFF);
- 15 minute auto shut off feature, which helps prolong product lifetime and conserve energy;
- May only last for a few months;
4. Five Star FS8812 Vibration Heating Massage Seat Cushion
The FS8812 is the last chair massager on this list, and the best back massager for chair that you can use in your car. This massager has ten different vibration motors that can invigorate the neck, back, and thighs of the person getting the massage with a very soothing source of heat. It is portable, and easy-to-use in a car, at the office, or at home, and comes with a car and AC adapter included in the package.
Able to offer a relaxing massage to four different areas of the body – the neck, shoulder, and upper arms, the middle back, the lumbar and lower back, as well as the thighs. It comes with a remote control, four different massage programs, three different massage speeds, and an independent on/off heat button.
- Heat selection feature (ON/OFF);
- 10 vibration motor;
- Can work 4 muscle groups: M1 – Neck/Shoulder/Upper back, M2 – Middle back, M3 – Lumbar/Lower back, M4 – Thighs;
- May get noisy;
- The seat is stiff;
3. Pure-Wave CM7 Cordless Massager Body plus Facial (Dual Mode)
Boasting power, versatility, and efficiency, the Pure-Wave CM7 Cordless Massager is very lightweight. You can use it on various speed levels on the entire body. The CM7 is perfect for relieving tension in stubborn knots, for soothing muscle spasms and for alleviating the stiffness in tight joints.
Equipped with six massage sticks, the Pure-Wave cordless massager suits the needs of the different affected body areas, allowing you to adjust both the massage style and intensity (firm, medium or soft).
- Powerful motor;
- Good for Swedish, acupressure, and deep tissue massage;
- Ideal for massaging hard-to-reach spots, like: Lower back, Soles of feet, Shoulders, Neck;
2. LiBa Shiatsu Massager with Heated Balls
The second best electric back massager on this list, this LiBa product also happens to give way to a couple of pillow shiatsu massagers with heated balls. The ergonomic design allows it to fit the curve of your back, neck, abdomen, thighs, and calves perfectly. It is very easy to carry and comes with a free car adapter.
The special technology, which features heated balls, simulates a hot stone massage almost perfectly. Plus, it is very customizable, allowing you to modify the heat settings however you want. It also comes with a 3-year warranty and a 90-day money back guarantee. The only reason this isn’t the best back massager on this list is because there is one that does the same things but better.
- Lightweight, easily portable;
- Great car seat massager;
- Able to change direction automatically each minute to put pressure on all sore muscles;
- May be a bit uncomfortable to use;
1. Best back massager – Zyllion ZMA-13-BK Shiatsu Pillow Massager
The Zillion is definitely here to take home the cake. It is not only the best back massager for lower back pain, but simply the best back massager out there. It also comes in two colors – white and beige.
The ZMA-13-BK comes with an adjustable strap, which you can secure to any type of chair. The heating function works to soothe aching muscles, as well as to simulate a hot stone massage. It comes with an Overheat Protection Device, which shuts it down after twenty minutes to prevent safety issues. It also comes with a one-year warranty.
- Automatically changes direction every minute;
- Ultra-compact: good for hard-to-reach places;
- Adjustable straps;
- Heating function;
- May get a bit uncomfortable;
We hope we’ve managed to help you pick the best back massager out there that perfectly suits your needs (home, office, car). If you’re experiencing back pain caused by too much sitting, take a look at our Best orthopedic seat cushions post. Please leave a message telling us any possible lists you might be interested in. Only you can help us generate the content most appropriate for your needs.
Image source: Amazon.com