Thoroughly moisturizing the skin is one of the best ways to fight signs of aging and increase skin’s resiliency. Adequate moisture strengthens the skin’s barrier, hydrates cells, and helps it defend itself against environmental stressors. Therefore, finding the best facial moisturizers for your skin can be challenging. That’s because of the sheer number of options available.
However, our list of the 10 best face moisturizers will help narrow down your choices. Read on to learn more about each one, listed in order from highest to lowest price. This includes pros and cons, key features, and where to purchase.
10. Amara Organics Anti-Aging Face Cream Moisturizer with Resveratrol and Peptides
Amara Organics Anti-Aging Face Cream has beneficial natural and organic ingredients. It consists of apple seed oil, Vitamin E, argan oil, and green tea extract. Therefore, it’s designed to improve the skin’s tone, texture, and elasticity. The anti-aging cream contains nourishing antioxidants and vitamins that flood skin with moisture. In addition, it helps repair it on a cellular level. It’s is available in a 2-ounce size on Amazon, usually for a little under $20. However, buying three or more at a time will earn you a $5 discount.
- Lightweight and nongreasy
- Cruelty-free and vegan
- Free from parabens, dyes, and fragrances
- Money back guarantee
- Most expensive option on the list
9. Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream Face Moisturizer
Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream is an Amazon best seller boasting over 2500 reviews, most of which are 5 stars. The cream richly consists of repairing ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide), Vitamin E, carob extract, and amino-peptides. Additionally, it’s an incredible wrinkle cream that will offer your skin a new glow. Olay’s moisturizer is currently available on Amazon for 1.7 ounces for $17.28 (a $2.00 off coupon is often available).
- Plumps, firms, and corrects
- Helps regenerate surface cells
- Olay’s studies show that 93% of women noticed increased firmness after two weeks
- Available in scented or fragrance-free
- Fairly high in price compared to other options available
8. Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer
Aveeno is designed for fighting breakouts and evening out skin tone. In addition, the formula includes salicylic acid (a scientifically proven acne fighter) and total soy complex to reduce blotchiness and discoloration. Aveeno’s Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer is available for $11.12 on Amazon for 4 ounces. It’s probably the best face moisturizer for acne prone skin on the market.
- Gentle and oil-free
- In rare cases, users say it made their breakouts worse
7. Cerave Moisturizing PM Lotion
Cerave PM Lotion is lightweight in consistency but heavy in nourishment. The hyaluronic acid, ceramides, and niacinamide lock in moisture. Currently, a 3-ounce bottle on Amazon is $5.80, but the price often goes even lower. It’s one of the best facial moisturizers due to its incredible powers at refreshing your skin.
- Has almost 3,000 reviews – the highest number on our list
- Non-greasy, non-comedogenic
- Helps protect skin’s barrier
- Contains parabens – preservatives that may disrupt hormones
6. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin
Next on the list of best facial moisturizers is Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin, available for a little over $8 on Amazon. It brims with protective and hydrating ingredients, such as glycerin and dimethicone. In addition, the formula is clinically proven to provide gentle, effective moisture. It’s also very light, which makes it one of the best moisturizer for oily skin.
- Lightweight and non-greasy
- Fragrance free
- Alcohol free
- Has the highest percentage of negative reviews of any products on the list
- Contains parabens
5. Cremo Face Moisturizer
Cremo Face Moisturizer, available in a 4.4-ounce bottle on Amazon for $7.99, claims to moisturize skin for a full 24 hours. Apparently, it fulfills its promise. This face moisturizer consists of natural ingredients such as aloe, avocado oil, algae extract, mugwort extract, and more. It delivers serious hydration without any sticky, greasy residue. Thus, it’s one of the best natural face moisturizer on this list.
- Contains the lowest percentage of critical reviews
- Boasts the highest percentage of 5-star reviews
- No added fragrance
- Some users complain about the smell
4. Alba Botanica Hawaiian Moisture Cream
Alba Botanica Hawaiian Moisture Cream features a luxurious feel, natural ingredients, and tropical oils. Even more the exotic fruit enzymes and Hawaiian extracts leave skin smooth and radiant. A 3-ounce container is available on Amazon for $7.73. In addition, it does a fantastic job of shrinking your pores.
- Free of parabens, phthalates, and artificial fragrance
- Contains Vitamin E
- Helps minimize pores
- Although the fragrance is natural, some users complain it is too strong
3. Burt’s Bees Daily Face Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin
Another great option on our list of the best facial moisturizers is Burt’s Bees Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin. Bursting with soothing ingredients such as rice extract and aloe, this helps calm redness and irritation. You can purchase the 1.8-ounce bottles on Amazon for $6.32. However, due to its richness, it may not be the best face moisturizers for oily skin.
- 99% natural
- Dermatologist tested
- Fragrance free
- Gentle enough for daily use
- May be too heavy for breakout-prone skin
2. Garnier SkinActive Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream
Garnier Refreshing Gel-Cream (for dry skin) locks in moisture for up to 24 hours. The soothing, lightweight formula, offered for $5.84 on Amazon for a 1.7-ounce bottle, features Vitamin C and antioxidant fruit water. Therefore, it successfully combats dryness and brings vibrancy back to skin.
- Dermatologist tested
- Contains powerful humectants
- Contains artificial fragrance and alcohol
1. St. Ives Collagen Elastin Moisturizer
The list of best facial moisturizers concludes with St. Ives Collagen Elastin Moisturizer. It’s a top rated, highly reviewed formula available on Amazon in a huge 10-ounce container for $4.67. In addition, there are often 2.00 off coupons available. Made with natural safflower oil and collagen and elastin proteins, the cream helps soften and smooth skin.
- Lowest priced option on the list
- For all skin types
- Fights lines and wrinkles
- Some claim that it is not moisturizing enough for dry skin
Consider using our list of the best facial moisturizers as a guide for finding the appropriate product to add to your beauty regimen. Taking care of your skin is critical, not just for its current glow but future years as well. In addition, men inflict further stress upon it through shaving. Make sure to check out the best aftershave balm to keep it smooth and soft. Are there any face moisturizers you would recommend?
Recommended Read: Best Scar Gels