Finding the right pillow to sleep on can be a troublesome task. Some pillows claim to be great for neck or head support, but they do not really complete this task in reality. In order to find the best pillows for neck pain, some shopping around must be completed first. For the sake of saving time and research, here is a closer look at the ten best pillows for neck pain.
10. Cervical Neck and Shoulder Relaxer and Revitalizer by NeckZEN
NeckZEN offers a relaxing and revitalizing neck pillow that also helps to support the shoulders. The pillow comes with a pair of sleep glasses and earplugs in order to create the most restful night’s sleep possible. An exclusive design focuses on giving support enough to properly cradle the head and neck, while pulling the head away from the shoulders. This step reduces the risk of cramping and overstretching the neck. Furthermore, it provides tension relief for people who face a lot of stress from day to day.
- Helps alleviate tension and stress;
- Induces relaxation;
- The product is extremely versatile: it can be used while traveling, working, reading, etc.
- Cannot be used while sleeping;
9. My Pillow Neck and Cervical Bolster Pillow
One of the best pillows for neck pain comes from My Pillow. This holster pillow consists of cotton materials and provides a cooling sensation. At the same time, it also provides support that can hardly be found anywhere else. It can also be placed under knees while people lay on their backs to provide additional support. Hence, this pillow plays multiple roles for support.
- Great for lumbar support in office chair or car;
- Fully machine washable;
- Stays cool throughout the night;
- Too firm;
8. Memory Foam Contour Pillow Hypoallergenic Orthopedic Pillow for Neck Support and Pain Relief
For the best pillows for neck pain, people should really consider this healthy and safe alternative by TAMPOR. This fabric-covered pillow dresses Oeko-Tex textiles. Furthermore, it is made from hypoallergenic and dust-mite resistant materials. At the same time, this neck pillow’s memory foam curves to meet the natural curvature of the human body. It allows skin and scalp to breathe during the night. On the other hand, the dense materials provide extreme support in cases where people struggle with supporting their necks. The materials are temperature neutral, so they will not cause excess heat to build up.
- This orthopedic pillow follows the natural human curve, thus reducing pressure on the neck and head;
- Good for back, side, and stomach sleepers;
- Heavy and firm;
7. Cooling Gel Memory Foam Pillow
Product Stop, Inc. offers one of the best pillows for neck pain made from memory foam with cooling gel. It will eliminate neck and upper back pain in order to guarantee a good night’s sleep. This pillow is made from 60D memory foam that maintains shape and molds around the user’s head and neck. However, it does not allow cramping to take place. Above all, this model is perfect for side sleepers, and is also one of the best cooling pillows on the market today.
- Stays cool throughout the night;
- Offers good neck and head support;
- Gel-infused technology memory foam;
- Product may be a bit stiff;
Recommended read: 10 Best Cooling Pillows
6. CR Sleep Memory Foam Pillow for Neck Pain
CR also provides a memory foam pillow meant to fight of neck pain. This standard size pillow measures 26 inches by 16 inches, but the height can be adjusted for up to seven inches. Furthermore, the cover is made of smooth, ultra-soft material comprised of spiral cotton. This material is antimicrobial, and it can be removed for washing and drying purposes. Considering this situation for what it is, dust mites and other allergens can be eliminated as much as possible. It is also best for side sleepers, and helps to eliminate as much pain as possible. This pillow can really help to improve people’s health concerns while they sleep.
- Eases neck and cervical pain;
- Ultra soft cover;
- Natural antimicrobial;
- Too flat;
5. NOFFA Memory Foam Pillow Neck Support Pain Relief with Washable Pillow Case Bed Pillow
When looking for a comfortable pillow that provides neck pain relief, people should really consider going with NOFFA’s memory foam option. The cover is made from 33 percent cotton and 67 percent polyester. At the same time, the cover can be removed and washed right in the machine, making it easy to care for.
- Visco-elastic memory foam that promotes better sleep;
- Comfortable size – ideal for back and side sleepers;
- Not very soft;
4. CR Sleep Memory Foam Contour Pillow for Neck Pain Version II
CR offers another model worth considering with their contour neck pillow. This second version tapers to the shape of a person’s head and cradles it softly and gently. Additionally, it does not cause temperatures to rise or make the back of the head sweaty. It also does not smell of any odors that usual memory foam pillows present. Furthermore, it has a medium firmness to it, so that it can be used for back, side, or stomach sleepers. This model is the perfect model for people with chronic neck and back pain.
- Naturally antimicrobial;
- Gel-infused technology memory foam;
- Great for relieving neck or back aches;
- Not very firm;
3. Sleep Restoration Gel Pillow
Sleep Restoration offers a two-pack of queen sized pillows that resemble hotel quality. The material is made from super plush gel fibers that cannot be resisted. Furthermore, these two pillows provide all night comfort for hours on end without going flat. It provides a no-shift construction that will not move around or become lopsided in any manner. At the same time, this pillow provides dust mite, mold, and mildew resistance. Hence, the complete allergen resistance helps to avoid respiratory issues in as many ways as possible. Despite their sturdy construction, these pillows can be machine washed with ease.
- Dust mite, mold, and mildew resistant;
- Stain resistant;
- Machine washable;
- May get lumpy after some time;
2. Nayoya Back and Neck Pain Relief – Acupressure Mat and Pillow Set
Nayoya’s model provides immediate back and neck pain relief in the form of acupressure. This pain relief comes about in minimal use. It can be used for as little as 20 minutes a day, and still provide plenty of pain relief. At the same time, it eliminates the need for expensive therapies, and massages in order to break up knots in the neck. Many chiropractors suggest this acupressure method for the sake of keeping necks pain and stress-free.
- Immediate back and neck pain relief;
- Improves circulation;
- Relieves headaches;
- Recommended to use a physician if you are suffering from heart disease or blood pressure conditions;
1. Coop Home Goods – PREMIUM Adjustable Loft – Shredded Hypoallergenic CertiPUR Memory Foam Pillow
Above all, Coop Home Goods makes the best pillows for neck pain. This hypoallergenic pillow is made from memory foam as well, with a cover constructed from 60 percent polyester and 40 percent rayon. Both of these materials have been derived from bamboo sources. It is fully adjustable, as foam can be added or removed from the pillow as needed to find the right, custom fit needed for a good night’s sleep. The foam comes from CertiPUR, a United States certified foam that is made without ozone depleters.
- Fully adjustable;
- May take a bit long to adjust the pillow to the right amount of shredded foam;
When it comes to finding the right pillow for fighting neck pain, there are three essential aspects you need to consider above all else: materials, pricing, and user ratings. If you have any questions or comments concerning the best pillows for neck pain, please share them with us below.
Recommended Read: Best Back Massagers